[alug] PRESS RELEASE: Announcing LinuxNewbie.com web portal

Laurie Brown laurie at brownowl.com
Fri Oct 1 10:40:16 BST 1999

Andrew Savory wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Sep 1999 jg at cyberstorm.demon.co.uk wrote:
>
> > As stated in the P-R, the launch date is broadly speaking October.
>
> Okay. You have announced a site in a press release. When people go to the
> site, they see "coming soon". What impression does that convey?

[Much good stuff snipped]

James,

I'm not slagging you off. I admire your enterprise, fully support what
you are doing, and I wish you all success. However, Andrew is right. I'm
disposed towards you, but I was shocked to see that the site wasn't
ready, and it does send the wrong message. IMO.

If you want some peer review, open up privately in a subdirectory and
we'll take a look.

Cheers, Laurie.