[alug] [Newbie question - what video card to buy?

John Heaser john at heaser.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 9 16:23:53 BST 1999

I am hoping to get to grips with Linux by using an Evesham Pentium Pro
200 PC.

I have pinched the Video card to drive a second monitor on my W98 PC so
have to buy a new card.  Mainly for business applications but I might
play the occasional game.  Any suggestions for a Linux supported card
please?  Also any suggestions for a basic sound card and 10BaseT network
card.

I have Red Hat 5.2.
--
Thanks