[alug] Dial-in and X

Laurie Brown laurie at brownowl.com
Mon Oct 11 15:03:01 BST 1999

Dan Jones wrote:

> Okay, turn the ppp debugging on with the debug option

Ok.

> Then check in pppd.log whether it has found and arped on the ethernet card
> (99% of my dialin server faults were due to this)

Ok. It seems to dial in ok, and I can telnet over the link, just can't
ftp or use X

> Also, a blatently obvious thing, but you have set the ppp dilain (client
> side) as the default route?

Yeah, I've asked for the default gateway on remote client.

I've been a-fiddling, and I've found the problem with ftp. This is a
classic, I knew it had to be something simple... I pruned the install
right down, but was a shade more enthusiatic than I should have been...
I didn't install the wuftpd daemon! Tart!

I'll see what happens with X now I've enabled tftp.

Cheers, Laurie.