[alug] ALUG 4

Daniel Smith Daniel at capricorn1.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 20 20:15:21 BST 1999

In message <Pine.LNX.4.10.9910201253230.16745-100000 at vortex.ukshells.co.
uk>, Dan Jones <djjon at ukshells.co.uk> writes
>Why can't there ever be a meet at Essex Uni btw?  Miles easier for me to
>get to (being located in Luton unfortunanatly atm).  Just a thought.  The
>Woodbridge ones are easy enough for me too (living near Ipswich when at
>home).

I'll second this.  I know of a hotel in Braintree with a meeting room
available (for a small charge which I would be prepared to cover
myself).  Fair enough there wouldn't be any Internet access but perhaps
an opportunity would arise where this would be a necessity?

Alternatively!  I could ask my boss if we could use one of the rooms at
work.  We would be able to 'chip' into the network and get Internet
access, it would only be ISDN2 but that's better than nothing!.

It's a bit out in the sticks (Finchingfield!) but there's no harm in
asking if people are interested!
--
Daniel Smith