[alug] MA FUD

Green, James M K jmkgre at essex.ac.uk
Mon Oct 25 16:29:36 BST 1999

I'm reading through the responses now. OK, I think comment number 71 is
enough...

Er, yeah, so, not one mention of praise for the article, in fact a lot of
calls for staff resignations in the ed dept., no-one can believe his claim
to be a "network administrator", and errily enough, a large number of

This leads me onto an interesting question: just how many Windows admins and
suchlike actually have Linux installed at home? Seems to be quite a few,
judging from the responses on this NT-orientated site.

I'd hazard an unqualified guess that the recent estimates of Linux
installations totalling between seven and twelve million is now grossely out
of date. If I were to stick my neck out and give a figure, I'd say 15
million might even be conservative. Unfortuantely, its inherently impossible
to give an accurate figure.