[alug] Debian again

Andrew Savory A.Savory at uea.ac.uk
Thu Feb 10 17:23:10 GMT 2000

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Green J M K wrote:

> Or do I have to wade into unstable and watch my phone bill go into outer
> space?

Sit on frozen - it's not far from becoming the new stable. It will be a
painful first upgrade tho!

Your /etc/apt/sources.list may want to look like:

deb ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian frozen main contrib non-free
deb ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian frozen non-US/main non-US/contrib non-US/non-free

(
if you're a KDE fan, you could add:
deb ftp://ftp.uni-marburg.de/mirror/debian-kde.tdyc.com potato kde contrib kde2
deb ftp://ftp.uni-marburg.de/mirror/debian-kde.tdyc.com slink kde contrib kde2
)

Andrew.