[alug] Stupid X question

Neill Newman njnewm at essex.ac.uk
Thu Feb 17 15:49:06 GMT 2000

Simon Jude wrote:

> Hi,
> How do I configure X so that I can run software on a remote machine (eg
> cpca7) and view it on my linux machine?  I realise that this is probably
> easy to fix, but I can't remember how to do it!

cpca7 ~> setenv DISPLAY mybox:0
cpca7 ~> xv

et voila (unless UEA has a proxy blocking port 6000 (or something)
between your machine and cpca7!!).

does this help ??
Sz

> Thanks
>
> Simon
>
> School of Environmental Sciences,
> University of East Anglia,
> University Plain,
> Norwich,
> NR4 7TJ
>
> Telephone (01603) 593124
> Fax       (01603) 507719
>
> [ This email came to you via the Anglian Linux User Group list ]
> [  If you only wish to recieve event announcements, email the  ]
> [ SUBJECTs of "unsubscribe alug" and "subscribe alug-announce" ]
> [ to listserver at stu.uea.ac.uk -- We do need your support, tho' ]

Neill Newman                                  Tel: Mobile 07970 673722
Department of Electronics Systems Engineering      Work   01206 873708
University of Essex                           Fax: Work   01206 872900
http://wearables.essex.ac.uk/index.html     email: njnewm at essex.ac.uk