[alug] SuSE wms

Neill Newman njnewm at essex.ac.uk
Mon Feb 21 13:55:00 GMT 2000

Green J M K wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Okay, I am stuck in this uni machine. It uses gdm to login, and presents
> only KDE as the possible environment. But hark! /usr/X11R6/bin/wmaker is
> present! I tried killall -9 kwm && wmaker (as per a suggestion) but it
> simply logged me out.
>
> Anyone got any bright ideas?

take a look at /etc/X11/gdm/Session/, this is a redhat box so suse might
put the config somewhere else ?? not sure..

hth, Sz

> (I have a related question for those who answer correctly.)
>
> James.
>
> [ This email came to you via the Anglian Linux User Group list ]
> [  If you only wish to recieve event announcements, email the  ]
> [ SUBJECTs of "unsubscribe alug" and "subscribe alug-announce" ]
> [ to listserver at stu.uea.ac.uk -- We do need your support, tho' ]

Neill Newman                                  Tel: Mobile 07970 673722
Department of Electronics Systems Engineering      Work   01206 873708
University of Essex                           Fax: Work   01206 872900
http://wearables.essex.ac.uk/index.html     email: njnewm at essex.ac.uk