[alug] SuSE wms

Neill Newman njnewm at essex.ac.uk
Mon Feb 21 14:18:54 GMT 2000

Andrew Chandler wrote:

> Knowing Essex University, you'll be lucky they haven't deleted the kernel
> because it was taking up disk space!!!

heh yeah !!

for those who didn't know,  a sys admin who shall remain nameless
deleted all lisp files cause he thought they wern't used and were taking
up disk space!!!, we tried to run xemacs and it threw a wobbly!!.
He put the lisp files back but this time there were no little icons!!,
so myself, Andi and a few others printed out some xemacs icons, and
placed them on his door with a little sign saying "xemacs icons, please
help yourself!" needless to say, he wasn't amused ;)...

Sz

> Green J M K <jmkgre at essex.ac.uk> on 21/02/2000 14:03:14
> To: alug at stu.uea.ac.uk
> cc:  (bcc: Andrew Chandler/PSD/LONDON/FTI)
>
> Subject: [alug] SuSE wms
>
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, MJ Ray wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Feb 21, 2000 at 01:57:29PM +0000, Green J M K wrote:
> > > maybe it wasn't gdm ????
> >
> > What did it look like?
>
> Textured background, space for username and password, drop down list of
> available environments, Go and Shutdown buttons.
>
> Only KDE listed in menu.
>
> Essex Uni logo in top right of the dialog. Small dialog.
>
> James.

> * Please visit the web site of the Financial Times at:              *
> *                         http://www.ft.com                         *
> *                                                                   *
> * This E-Mail is intended for the use of the addressee only and may *
> * contain confidential information. If you are not the intended     *
> * recipient, you are hereby notified that any use or dissemination  *
> * of this communication is strictly prohibited.                     *
> * If you receive this transmission in error, please notify us       *
> * immediately then delete this E-Mail.                              *                                    *
> * postmaster at ft.com                                                 *

Neill Newman                                  Tel: Mobile 07970 673722
Department of Electronics Systems Engineering      Work   01206 873708
University of Essex                           Fax: Work   01206 872900
http://wearables.essex.ac.uk/index.html     email: njnewm at essex.ac.uk