[alug] Staroffice CD

MJ Ray h089 at mth.uea.ac.uk
Mon Feb 21 17:13:16 GMT 2000

On Mon, Feb 21, 2000 at 04:32:16PM +0000, Andrew Chandler wrote:
> I can recommend Star Office. Sun sent me a CD last year - the
> installation ran perfectly. You could certainly put it on any
> 'users' desktop running on SuSE and fool them into thinking
> it was something from the Redmond (un)stable.

On a related point, I've been impressed by the recent advances
in Gnome Office.  AbiWord is rapidly approaching 1.0 in both
number and quality, while the vector charting program Dia is
very useful (even if there is a nasty bug in the flowchart
symbols).  I'll get around to trying the other bits sometime.

MJR