[alug] SuSE wms

Andrew Chandler Andrew.Chandler at ft.com
Wed Feb 23 11:58:31 GMT 2000

Hey, I remember those Sun 3-60 machines. Classic!!
Then we upgrade them to be Xterm's when the Sparc ELC's arrived!!!

Eee, by heck! Those were the days!

On 21-Feb-00 Green J M K wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Okay, I am stuck in this uni machine. It uses gdm to login, and presents
> only KDE as the possible environment. But hark! /usr/X11R6/bin/wmaker is
> present! I tried killall -9 kwm && wmaker (as per a suggestion) but it
> simply logged me out.
>
> Anyone got any bright ideas?

You don't know a good think when you see it.....

When I was an UG at essex we were using some crap in house 68000 box with no
virtual memory or dma and a crap prot of SYS-V I think....

Then we moved to a network of Sun 3-60s :-)

Peter.

* Please visit the web site of the Financial Times at:              *
*                         http://www.ft.com                         *
* This E-Mail is intended for the use of the addressee only and may *
* contain confidential information. If you are not the intended     *
* recipient, you are hereby notified that any use or dissemination  *
* of this communication is strictly prohibited.                     *
* If you receive this transmission in error, please notify us       *
* immediately then delete this E-Mail.                              *                                    *
* postmaster at ft.com                                                 *