[alug] LinuxNewbie.com

Thomas May thom at clearairturbulence.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Feb 24 10:20:11 GMT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: <jg at cyberstorm.demon.co.uk>
To: <alug at stu.uea.ac.uk>
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2000 12:32 AM
Subject: [alug] LinuxNewbie.com

> On Wed, 23 Feb 2000 jg at cyberstorm.demon.co.uk wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Thomas May wrote:
> >
> > > ok: This is really aimed at James, but i figure posting to the list is
the
> > > best way of getting a workable response.
> >
> > [ points noted ]
> >
> > When you go to http://linuxnewbie.com/ and *don't* see a sourceforge
> > error, then you'll know the server admins have fixed apache/whatever and
> > we can proceed in beta form.
>
> Fixed :)
>
> > There *is* a beta version of the code up, ready for use, but until this
> > problem is fixed, and a certain perl person hands over some workaround
> > code, we are slightly limited in what we can do.
>
> Fixed :)
>
> > (note: www.linuxnewbie.com for some bizarre reason keeps pointing to
> > linuxnewbie.com and hence the error is frustrating us)
>
> Fixed :)
>
> Got a call from someone to work on a new design too. And our staff irc
> channel actually had people in it tonight.
>
> We'll be there in no time now .... :)

I'm glad to hear it. I do genuinely feel that it will be a very useful
resource - from what people have shown me, and the screen shot you posted,
it certainly looks that way - but a lot of my friends whom i've prodded
Linux-wards are becoming more and more LN.O oriented, and i don't think
their views will change when lnc comes out.

ho hum

Thom