[alug] Connecting to Freeserve..

Brett Parker B.Parker at uea.ac.uk
Fri Feb 25 05:37:51 GMT 2000

On Fri, Feb 25, 2000 at 08:15:44AM -0000, Stu wrote:
> dont know why people are saying its hard to achive I was online within 10
> minuets....!!
> Far more simple than I was lead to belive.. so why do all these websites
> tell you to add this to that file edit this and that... there seems to be no
> need at all.......just use the interfaces in KDE or Gnome...

Ummm - cos some people haven't got KDE and Gnome and aren't sensible
enuff to install ppp config? cos for some things manually writting the
file is better? I remember back in the days when I was using Slackware
and had to do all that manually (and most other things come to think of
it...)

Oh well...hasn't things changed ;)

Brett