[Alug] ALUG Library ...

Andrew Savory a.savory at btinternet.com
Thu May 3 10:15:00 BST 2001

On Wed, 02 May, 2001 at 15:24 -0700, David Freeman wrote:

> XML != nice. HTML does the job fine.

Depends what you're doing. HTML is wonderful as the final dressing before
it hits the user's web browser, but sucks for anything other than
that. Being obsessive linux hackers, I'd expect us to massively
overengineer a solution using XML and a publishing engine (AxKit if we're
using Apache/Perl, Cocoon if we're using Java?) so that we can access the
site using our browsers, phones, PDAs, sonic screwdrivers, divining
rods...

Andrew.

--
All views are my own, who else would want them?