[Alug] IP Traffic monitoring

Andrew Chandler Andrew.Chandler at ft.com
Thu May 3 11:44:38 BST 2001

It's a pity you haven't access to the Cisco (I assme the router is Cisco?)
There's a nice command called "ip accounting". It will give you a table
of IP addresses and how much traffic they have sent.

I occasionally use this with an Expect script to drag back a set of
network stats on a particular router.

There are a number of non-intrusive methods too. We have some network
probes that tap into the leased line and monitor it externally. A more
expensive way of doing it though!

Oh well just my 2 pence....

Andi

"Mark Wilkinson" <mark at wiggis.com> on 02/05/2001 17:44:09