[Alug] ALUG Library ...

David Freeman david_freeman at rocketmail.com
Thu May 3 17:04:49 BST 2001

--- Andrew Savory <a.savory at btinternet.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 02 May, 2001 at 15:24 -0700, David Freeman wrote:
>
> > XML != nice. HTML does the job fine.
>
> Depends what you're doing. HTML is wonderful as the final dressing
> before
> it hits the user's web browser, but sucks for anything other than
> that. Being obsessive linux hackers, I'd expect us to massively
> overengineer a solution using XML and a publishing engine (AxKit if
> we're
> using Apache/Perl, Cocoon if we're using Java?) so that we can access
> the
> site using our browsers, phones, PDAs, sonic screwdrivers, divining
> rods...

ESR said that you can't call your self a hacker till other hackers call
you one, based on the above can I call my self a Hacker yet?

So this would be what owen was saying about PHP on sunday about content
and markup being mixed together, Whilst I can see some of these evils,
doesn't CSS attempt to help?

Thanks