[Alug] BOOKS

John Woodard mail at johnwoodard.co.uk
Wed May 30 14:46:56 BST 2001

Books are zero rated for vat.

Cheers,
BJ

-----Original Message-----
From: alug-admin at stu.uea.ac.uk [mailto:alug-admin at stu.uea.ac.uk]On
Behalf Of David Freeman
Sent: 30 May 2001 13:25
To: alug at stu.uea.ac.uk
Subject: Re: [Alug] BOOKS

--- Adam Bower <abower at zeus.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 May 2001, David Freeman wrote:
>
> > People,
> >
> > Does anyone want any books from O'reilly, I need to give them a
> decent
> > size order. The cost will be 25% off list price.
> >
> > Please please, make this work.
>
> Well without a price list it is very hard to make a comparison! You
> mentioned something about US dollars also. I really need to see how
> much
> of a saving I could make over using something like
> www.bookbrain.co.uk by
> ordering direct from O'reilly. Also would we have to pay any shipping
> costs? and if the books are shipped from the US surely we would have
> pay VAT?
>
> Need more info....

good, point.

OK prices are all based on the US dollar so will fluctuate slightly.
The price list I have puts Unix in a nutshell at #15.95 ($24.95), so
25% off put that at #12[1]. Postage is free, as for VAT, I don't think
we do as that is paid on import. The books are coming from O'reilly UK,
which is based in surrey. Postage is to your door, or to the next meet.

Thanks

> Thanks
> Adam

[1] I have ordered some books, I will se what th bill says when thay
arrive tomorrow.

alug, the Anglian Linux User Group list
Send list replies to alug at stu.uea.ac.uk
http://www.anglian.lug.org.uk/