[Alug] Webcams

Craig craig at wizball.co.uk
Mon Sep 2 16:33:02 BST 2002

On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 03:22:41PM +0000, Ricardo Campos said:
> heh, broadband soon, and with it I want to set up a webcam. Has anyone got any tips on which of the programs to use in order to achieve this?
>
> I would probably want to host the webcam locally, i.e. set up apache so ppl can just browse to a dyndns hostname.

Simply just install camE? Since it just pull the images off /dev/video
and uploads it to the server (In this case, I presume you got a private
network and just upload it to whatever machine? ;)

However, to set up the camera (correct angles, no bad lights etc), just
take a look at camstream or gqcam. (Camstream is my fav btw). Or Xawtv?

HTH

--

Craig