[Alug] Webalizer and stdin problem

bsamuels at beenthere-donethat.org.uk bsamuels at beenthere-donethat.org.uk
Wed Sep 4 12:06:01 BST 2002

I want Webalizer to take its input from STDIN by using something like
cat various*.log|webalizer -c /path/to/webalizer.conf

I find that if I enable DNS lookups, which I want, Webalizer does all
the lookups and then stops, displaying the number of addresses
resolved, but does not produce any output.

If I disable the DNS lookups it produces all the expected output but,
of course, no resolved addresses.

If I cat the log files to another single file, which I don't want to
do, Webalizer will do DNS lookups and produce the expected output if
this file is specified as the log file.

Does anyone know how I can get Webalizer to do both using STDIN?

Regards

Barry Samuels