[Alug] Webcams

Craig craig at wizball.co.uk
Sat Sep 7 20:34:01 BST 2002

On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 12:46:29PM +0000, Ricardo Campos wrote:
> Well, I have the camera, and can modprobe cpia with
> success (after a kernel recompile). When I start xawtv
> it says that /dev/video0 does not exist. This is true,
> but does anyone know how to make that device (with
> mknod) and make sure it is pointing to the webcam (it's
> a USB one)?

Something like mknod video. I dunno, I've gotten too lazy with Gentoo since
I'm using the /dev file system support which automatically mount at boot. So
everything is like a walk through the park (which is how Linux should be).

Read it up on the web... check here for tips: http://www.smcc.demon.nl/webcam/

--

 //\    | Craig Butcher | http://www.wizball.co.uk|