[Alug] CUPS and epson stylus

Adam Bower abower at thebowery.co.uk
Sun Sep 8 21:36:02 BST 2002

On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 09:21:32PM +0100, Ian Thompson-bell wrote:

> > It depends, i tend to build modules for things that i don't often use or
> > require but if it something is in use 24/7 (like the usb for my modem) then
> > it gets built in statically.
>
> Why?  What is the advantage?

like i said when the kernel refused to load the modules it made sense to build
things in, I have had this problem many times when using modular kernels and
got really annoyed with building a kernel and then finding out i had to rebuild
it with something compiled in. Anyhow what is the disadvantage?

> If you build these two different USB modules, how are they differentiated?

I just read the kernel docs and one is called usb-uhci and the other is called
just uhci.

Adam
--
"Step away from the Cathedral, This Bazaar is loaded"
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li