[Alug] CUPS and epson stylus

Adam Bower abower at thebowery.co.uk
Tue Sep 10 09:09:01 BST 2002

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 08:11:53PM +0100, Ian Thompson-bell wrote:

> Assuming modules load OK then the advantage is not having to recompile a
> kernel every time  a better module becomes available or your hardware changes
> and you need additional modules.

I usually find its far quicker to just build a new kernel and not have to muck
around with modules that don't load and dependancy lists that don't work etc.
etc. in all modules would be a nice system if they were reliable and dependable
which in my experience of linux (kernel trees 2.0 2.2 and 2.4) they are not it
is not really worth any effort trying to make something work which doesn't and
you may as well build things statically.

2p
Adam
--
"Step away from the Cathedral, This Bazaar is loaded"
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li