[Alug] Expo no students?

Ashley ashley at ashleyhowes.com
Thu Sep 12 13:10:02 BST 2002

At 23:28 11/09/02 +0100, Adam Bower wrote:
>On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 06:03:49AM +0800, NuTTeR -- Not Entered -- wrote:
> > "Linux Expo UK 2002 Registration
> > Sorry, we regret that we cannot accommodate Students or Under 18's"
> >
> > Why is this? and what do they mean?
> > Is there no chance of free tickets? dose it mean i only get a free
> ticket if i work somewhere? ggggrrrrrr
>
>most likely to stop hordes of students turning up and stealing all the good
>freebies :) anyhow if you are a student you are meant to be poor so will not
>want to spend lots of money on expensive stuff....

I think the under 18 statement is most likely an insurance issue.  However,
apart from Adam's explaination, I can't see a reason why they shouldn't
allow students.  When I was at UEA, I went to many exhibitions which 'did
not allow' students.  I was never questioned about it and it didn't seem to
be a problem.  If you are concerned, just enter a fictional business name
which isn't offensive ;)

Ashley

--

Ashley T. Howes, Ph.D
http://www.ashleyhowes.com

"when all the animals of this world are gone, man will die of loneliness"