[Alug] Speedtouch Modem

Adam Bower abower at thebowery.co.uk
Sat Sep 21 15:16:02 BST 2002

On Sat, Sep 21, 2002 at 02:12:45PM +0000, Wayne Stallwood wrote:

> Also why is it that I have never read (on Usenet, Speedtouch Mailing lists or
> Linux Mailing lists) of anyone else having this problem. It must be something
> specific to my system, I just don't know what.

some people have experienced different connections with different versions of
the modem firmware you could try.... thinks.... are you using the same modem
firmware with linux as you are with win XP? there are about 6 or 7 versions try
using your mgmt.o file from WinXP with modem_run (or whichever bit it is) if
not you could try different firmwares. To see if the files are different you
can use md5sum under linux. (md5sum mgmt.o) and see if you get different
outputs from that)

> Incendently what is the difference between usb-uhci and uhci ? Which one
> should I be using to connect my ADSL Modem. (not that it seems to make any
> difference to this problem)

well use which one works or works better than the other one, I have to use
usb-uhci and the uhci one doesn't work with my modem for some reason although
it will work fine with other usb devices.

Adam
--
"Step away from the Cathedral, This Bazaar is loaded"
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li