[Alug] Installing WordPerfect on Debian

Ian Douglas alug at the-zub.demon.co.uk
Sat Sep 28 13:43:02 BST 2002

On Saturday, September 28, 2002 10:38 AM, bsamuels wrote:
> WordPerfect, if my memory serves me well (which it seldom does),
> depends on an old version of xlib6. My current version of Debian
> (Testing) uses xlib6 4.1 but I also have to have xlibs 3.3 installed
> to run WordPerfect.

Looking at my package manager it says I have xlibs 4.1.0-16 installed.
Sadly it does not list a xlibs 3.3, can you remember where you got it from?
Is it something I can "apt-get"?  Would installing xlibs 3.3 overwrite/clash
with my existing xlibs 4.1 or is there something I have to do first to
enable them to co-exist?  (Sorry if these questions seem a bit elementary
but I haven't got the hang of Debian yet and haven't a clue about libraries)

Thanks for your help,

Ian.