[ALUG] Re: Re: Ubuntu installation problem

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Wed Jun 6 08:48:20 BST 2007

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 08:09:10AM +0100, Tim Green wrote:
> On 6/5/07, Chris G <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
> >The problem is that the install program expects a screen resolution of
> >1024x768 but the live CD only allows 640x480 or 800x600 with the
> >Matrox card I happen to have on this system.
> >
> >It turns out that ALT-LeftButton allows the installer window to be
> >dragged which allowed me to complete the install.
> >
> >I now need to get a serial mouse working with Ubuntu.
>
> You are a glutton for punishment! How old is this system?

The system isn't all that old, it has a PS/2 mouse connector but I
don't have a (decent) PS/2 mouse whereas I do have some very usable
Mouse Systems optical mice.

It's all up and running now and seems pretty OK running Ubuntu 7.0.4,
it has 384Mb of memory, a 40Gb hard disk and an AMD K5 (I *think*)
processor.