[ALUG] Re: Re: Re: Ubuntu installation problem

Wayne Stallwood ALUGlist at digimatic.co.uk
Wed Jun 6 11:36:22 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 10:12 +0100, Chris G wrote:
> That's actually an AT (as opposed to
> ATX) format box with a AMD Duron 800Mhz processor I think.

Erm are you sure about that ?

ATX was introduced some time around 1995 and pretty much instantly took
over from AT as I recall.

The first Duron's didn't appear until circa 2000 and used a socket that
wasn't available on mainboards until the release of the K7 in 1999

Therefore I would be very surprised to see an AT format Mainboard than
can support a Duron, let alone an AT format PSU that has the capacity to
run one.