[ALUG] wintar floppy archive

Wayne Stallwood ALUGlist at digimatic.co.uk
Thu Jun 7 09:40:26 BST 2007

Of course I didn't consider the fact that the archive may be split
across several disks..or indeed all of them, there probably are ways of
coping with that but you would need to know which disks form a set (or
if it is one big set made at the same time..which would be very bad)

Of course you could also try some symlinking of device nodes so that
your floppy drive appears on a tape device node and see if tar will read
them direct...but if this is the only copy of this data then I would be
tempted to dd each floppy to a file first anyway because then you can
replace any that fail due to disk errors during later attempts.

Regards
Wayne