[ALUG] Wireless NICs

Adam Bower adam at thebowery.co.uk
Fri Jun 8 19:04:31 BST 2007

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 11:54:28AM +0100, Barrys linux mail wrote:

> Try this site http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk/
> They are very helpful in supplying cards and scripts if wanted.
> also Ubuntu 7.04 supports some of the wireless cards they sell
> I have used them and very pleased with service

Only trouble is that they are selling the rt61 based cards (and for
about double what I paid for mine) which in my experience are a whole
wonderful world of pain in every os I've used them with (which would
be Windows+Linux+Mac OS X). I hate mine so much that I've stuck a router
in client mode running openwrt in that bit of the house!

Adam
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li