[ALUG] Idle question about keyboard bindings

Ruth Bygrave rbygrave at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 19 17:40:16 BST 2007

> On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 04:07:42PM +0100, Tim Green wrote:
>>
>> So, what happens if you plug a non-Apple USB keyboard into a Mac
>> running MacOS? Does it get all the keys right?
>
> No, it asks you to push the key to the right of the left hand shift
> and
> sets the layout based on that and then promptly puts @ on shift-2.

Which is why I had this "Sodding Arrogant Californian Company Doesn't
Bother To Get Its Localisations Right Even When It Has A Few Million
Overseas Customers" reaction (which I was very frustrated about when
I went to the Mac user groups because there were 0 users who hadn't
grown up in the Mac ghetto or used a Mac as their first box).