[ALUG] UK VoIP Providers

(Ted Harding) ted.harding at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Wed Jun 27 20:12:16 BST 2007

On 27-Jun-07 13:08:56, Ted Harding wrote:
> On 27-Jun-07 12:54:25, Brett Parker wrote:
>> Depending on your actual needs, and if you really must use SIP, then:
>>         http://www.sipgate.co.uk/
>>
>> Aren't bad. I'd rather use IAX than SIP though, so I'd recommend:
>>         http://www.voiptalk.co.uk/
>

> Hmmm -- voiptalk.co.uk seem to be "off the air" at the moment!
> Ted.

Well, they're back on the air now, and I've had a read.
Being totally ignorant till now about VoIP technologies, I found
that their "getting started" looked simple enough, and the
possibilities are interesting!

One question I didn't find the answer to though: Suppose I subscribe,
say, to the voiptalk service.

Suppose I have a friend who uses Skype, and suppose their Skype
is active at a particular time.

Could I then connect to their Skype phone from my voiptalk phone?

With thanks,
Ted.

Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861
Date: 27-Jun-07                                       Time: 20:11:53