[ALUG] Java plugins

Brett Parker iDunno at sommitrealweird.co.uk
Tue Oct 2 11:03:15 BST 2007

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 10:47:16AM +0100, Yvonne Everett wrote:
> I have already managed to successfully install the java plugin using
> the method you mention (and which I had already stated in my email
> previous to your own).  The problem would appear to be with the
> application so I'm going back to them with the query.

You said that you'd installed sun-java5-jre, that's not the same as
sun-java5-plugin, which is the plugin (and has dependencies on the
jre)... so, did you install the plugin package? and are the errors from
the package manager or the java applet? Is the plugin actually working?
does about:plugins give any hints? (Is the world flat? Do bears poop on
popes?)...

Cheers,

--
Brett Parker