[ALUG] Exim4 virtual hosts

Richard Lewis richardlewis at fastmail.co.uk
Mon Oct 8 17:12:41 BST 2007

On Monday 08 October 2007 14:47:51 Richard Lewis wrote:

> So, it seems that the problem, as your comments suggest, is that
> Exim can't find a route to uea.ac.uk. Maybe if I can find a way
> to make it use the dnslookup router it might work.

And the solution, it turns out, is to do this:

send_to_gateway:
  debug_print = "R: send_to_gateway for $local_part@$domain"
  driver = manualroute
  domains = ! +local_domains
  transport = remote_smtp
  route_list = * mailgate5.uea.ac.uk
  no_more

in router/200_exim4-config_primary.

Importantly, its outside the .ifdef DCconfig_internet block.

I don't know how robust it is, but it seems to work at least
superficially. Now I just need to get ITCS to open up port 25 for
me. :-\

Thanks for all the useful comments!

Cheers,
Richard