[ALUG] Flashplayer installation

Mark Rogers mark at quarella.co.uk
Mon Oct 8 19:37:08 BST 2007

MJ Ray wrote:
> As I understood it, all Flash players are a bit unsteady, so I
> wondered why one would pick the programmer-imprisoners' one.

At the moment it's a bit like comparing the unsteadiness observed whilst
standing on a tube journey with the unsteadiness that might be expected
were you stood on top of the carriage dodging obstructions hanging from
the tunnel roof....

Given the task involved (ie writing a "player" for content "coded" by a
vast array of "designers" across the planet) it's pretty good and all
credit to the coders, but at the moment there's no real alternative to
the Macromedia Flash player for those who want access to the content. A
great shame that is too.

(Based on experience a couple of months back with Gnash 0.8.0, maybe
things have moved on a bit with the current 0.8.1 alpha release - the
release notes sound promising.)

--
Mark Rogers // More Solutions Ltd (Peterborough Office) // 0845 45 89 555
Registered in England (0456 0902) at 13 Clarke Rd, Milton Keynes, MK1 1LG