[ALUG] Preventing ouput mail from shell script

Jenny Hopkins hopkins.jenny at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 12:21:45 BST 2007

On 10/10/2007, Brett Parker <iDunno at sommitrealweird.co.uk> wrote:

> >       subject         Cron <root at dellbox> run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly
> >
> > run-parts: /etc/cron.hourly/checkmounts exited with return code 32
>
> BING BING BING BING.... it's because of the return code... so, what's
> the last command that that runs? If it's the mount, then you might want
> to actually see the output of the mount command - because something is
> going wrong...

Yes, it's the mount script.  It throws the error because I'm trying to
mount something that is already mounted.  That's the point of the
script though - if it's not mounted, mount it, otherwise do nothing.
The 'doing nothing' wants to include 'including sending me a mail
telling me about it'.

Thanks,

Jenny