[ALUG] Mixer/sound driver volume levels and distortion

Rob Page page.rob at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 21:56:38 BST 2007

Hi Neil

> Is there a setting somewhere in the (ALSA) driver to set the maximum output to 'line level' so I can set kmix at 100% and get good volume and no distortion?

Semi-recently in alsamixer (alsamixer v1.0.14 is what i'm using at the
moment), I noticed a dB gain read out at the top, adjust this to 0 and
good volume with no (extra(!)) distortion. My current card, is a
built-in realtek alc888, and 100% is gain 0.00, however on a previous
card (which i removed because of driver issues) it was something like
84%.

Rob.