[ALUG] Viewing XML files

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Oct 19 09:32:24 BST 2007

Richard Lewis <richardlewis at fastmail.co.uk> wrote:
> It would be interesting to find out just how prevalent XML really
> is. Where is XML really being applied? [...]

I use it extensively for inter-system communication.  One problem is
that some systems which claim to be providing XML don't provide XML
(even Wordpress seems to get it wrong, especially if there's a plugin
or two) so you do need to handle the failure case, which I think
upsets some people, but it's something programmers should do anyway.
You can't trust any system these days - not even yours.

It's also quite a nice way to pass S-expressions to things that don't
use Lisp ;-)

Regards,