[ALUG] Can on specify a default sort order for applications (as opposed to ls)?

Srdjan Todorovic todorovic.s at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 3 09:17:55 BST 2008

Hello,

2008/7/2 Chris G <cl at isbd.net>:
> Is it possible to specify a default sort order for all applications to
> use as opposed to just ls (and/or the default file manager)?

Right, so you know how to do this for konqueror and ls?

> I'd like to get files shown in date order rather than alphabetic order
> *everywhere*, is there some way to tell the system to do this?  Even a
> way to tell Gnome or KDE apps would be useful.

KDE's open and save dialogs allow sorting by date, so any KDE app
should be able to handle it. I don't know if there's something you can
do to save it as a default sort, but there may be something in ~/.kde/
that you can change.

In fact, KDE's open dialog seems to remember you wanted sorting by date...
I bet there's a file in ~/.kde/ that has changed to reflect this.

Srdjan