[ALUG] Fw: iT4Communities - vote by 22 Jul to help our funding

mbm mbm at rlogin.net
Fri Jul 18 21:41:28 BST 2008

All

See message below. This is actually a worthwhile charity working in our
industry to put charities in touch with people capable of
helping them out.

Please vote if you think it worthwhile

Mick

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 16:06:41 +0100 (BST)
From: info at it4communities.org.uk
To: mick at rlogin.net
Subject: iT4Communities - vote by 22 Jul to help our funding

As you may be aware, iT4Communities has been having some funding
problems. We lost our government funding when Capacity Builders decided
that national programmes should not support front line voluntary
organisations directly. Now you and I know that services and systems
like iT4C can only sensibly operate on a national scale (if not an
international one?) and that we and you do serve front line voluntary
organisations and charities directly. But that's water under the bridge
now.

Right now, we've been short listed in a competition to win up to
£20,000 of funding from MoneySavingExpert.com. We've done incredibly
well to get this far - there were over 600 entries and we're in the
final twelve. We need you to vote for us
www.moneysavingexpert.com/#vote now! The four charities with the most
votes when the poll closes on Tuesday 22nd July will become
MoneySavingExpert's chosen charities for the year.

We have helped a lot of the most popular charities mentioned
MoneySavingExpert's short list (34 projects for the current top 5 in
the poll and their associates) but we serve you and them rather than
the public directly so we are not as well known as the other short
listed charities in the MoneySavingExpert list.

If every one of our 5000+ volunteers voted for us we'd have a great
chance of being in the top four. So please go to
www.moneysavingexpert.com/#vote to vote for us NOW! No automation
please, I know that it's a temptation if you know how but please resist
it! On the other hand, do encourage your friends and colleagues to vote
for us by passing this message on.

And if we win? We'll use the funding to define more projects, help more
projects to completion and encourage more volunteering to help
voluntary organisations with their IT needs. So everybody benefits!

We are still, of course, hunting for corporate sponsorship too so
please get in touch if you can help here - or know someone who can.
Leads are mostly what we need. We'll follow up.

John I. Davies
iT4Communities Programme Director
Mobile: +44 7736 798802
Phone: +44 20 7796 2144
Email: john at wcit.org.uk
www.it4communities.org.uk
"Introducing IT professionals wanting to volunteer their skills to
charities needing IT help"
Email: john at wcit.org.uk
39a Bartholomew Close, London EC1A 7JN
iT4Communities is a programme of the Information Technologists Company,
www.wcit.org.uk.

The text file for RFC 854 contains exactly 854 lines.
Do you think there is any cosmic significance in this?

Douglas E Comer - Internetworking with TCP/IP Volume 1

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc854.txt