[ALUG] Ipswich Meet Location on the 21st

samwise samwise at bagshot-row.org
Mon Jul 21 14:15:48 BST 2008

> All I'm doing is passing on experience that has been made from the ways
> we have chosen venues for alug meetings in the past, if you want to do
> it a different way then fine. I'm not pointing to a specific nature of
> anything, just a general one and increasing openess usually helps,
> especially with the nature of something related to open and free
> software ;)
>
> Excluding people in an arbitary manner tends to split communities more
> than including them.

Fair enough.  Let's consider this thread an opening, for anyone who
would like to share their views/thoughts/recommendations on where
they'd like the Ipswich venue to be. That would be genuinely useful to
hear other peoples views.

However, the final decision has to rest with those ppl who are the
ones going to attend the meets - if you want to draw analogies with
the open source movement, it doesn't matter how many ppl outside the
Linux kernel development community may want to move the license for it
to GPL v3, it isn't going to happen unless a significant number of the
developers agrees ... ;)

Peter.