[ALUG] Enemy Territory Quake Wars Game night

Wayne Stallwood ALUGlist at digimatic.co.uk
Wed Jul 23 11:41:46 BST 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 10:59 +0100, Adam Bower wrote:

> Are there any other suggestions for fps type games that are Free
> software like openarena that we could play? or possibly even other types
> of online multiplayer games, especially those that are team orientated?

Ten I think suggested RTCW:Enemy Territory which whilst being free is
not Free as in Freedom.

Gameplay wise it is almost the same as ETQW (ETQW effectively being the
sequel based on feedback from the free Enemy Territory) no deployables
or free control vehicles so not quite as good from a team play
perspective but still a very enjoyable game with plenty of active
servers kicking about.

Also the system requirements are quite low compared to ETQW, I had it
working on a GF4 MX 440 and I think even a GF2 GTS prior to that.