[ALUG] An PC suppliers who quote approximate power consumption?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Wed Nov 12 16:15:51 GMT 2008

Does anyone know of a PC supplier (or component supplier) who quote
the actual power comsumption of their PCs?

I'm looking for a moderate powered PC to run 24 hours and thus want
reasonable power consumption but I want a bog standard PC not a mini
ITX (or Shuttle) system as they seem expensive for not much gain.

To my surprise my new Asus P5Q-VM motherboard system with 8GB of
memory and 500Gb hard drive only consumes around 60 watts.  That
suggests that it should be possible to get a lower specification
system down below 50 watts or so which would be quite acceptable.