[ALUG] Report on low power PC exercise

mbm mbm at rlogin.net
Mon Nov 17 20:32:07 GMT 2008

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 21:59:12 +0000
Neil Ronketti <neil at ronketti.org> allegedly wrote:

> By a strange quirk of fate, I was looking for a low power system,
> and have ended up ordering one of these:
>
> http://www.trustedgoods.com/product_p/nslu2.htm
>
> Mix it with this:
>
> http://www.nslu2-linux.org/
>
> and a USB drive or two of your choice (I ended up with some Western
> Digital wotsit) and I'm hoping I should have a cheap linux server.
> If it turns out to be beyond me I can just use the drive & NSLU2 as
> a NAS, or for holding up the tank on the K100RS while I fix the
> chuffin' fule pump connector again.

That's a good price. The NSLU2 has been EOL'd by Cisco and they are
apearing on ebay at more than that.

I have two, both running Debian Lenny with 500 Gig disks attached and
can vouch for their usability (and silence). Just don't expect them to
run database driven web servers...

Mick

The text file for RFC 854 contains exactly 854 lines.
Do you think there is any cosmic significance in this?

Douglas E Comer - Internetworking with TCP/IP Volume 1

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc854.txt