[ALUG] Technical Arts Show: Curiosity Collective - forewarned is forearmed

samwise samwise at bagshot-row.org
Tue Nov 18 15:20:15 GMT 2008

Hi, this might be of interest to the technical bodgers on the list.

The Curiosity Collective is a techy arts groups who create pieces of
art, using technical wizardry, in this case based around the theme of
proverbs.

I saw their last exhibition in Ipswich, and they had some neat pieces.
 They use Macs as well as Linux ... :)

Peter.

The Curiosity Collective present, "forewarned is forearmed" - a
preview of our forthcoming proverbs show.

We are a group of artists, inventors and mad scientists working in
Ipswich, who make interactive curiosities. In our new show we shall
give you a sneak peak at our reinterpretations of proverbs - many as
strange machines and computer trickery!

The show will be on from Friday 28th to Sunday 30th November, in St
Mary at Quay (http://www.google.com/maps?q=52.052847%2C+1.156300), Key
Street, Ipswich (thanks to the cooperation of Key Arts -
http://www.keyarts.org)

Friday: 5pm to 9pm - reception at 7pm
Saturday: noon until 5pm
Sunday: 2pm to 5pm - talk at 3pm

The final show will be in the New Year; for details of this and our
various projects keep an eye on our website:
http://www.curiositycollective.org

Ipswich Borough Council and Turnstone - Arts Grants aided