[ALUG] sSMTP

Torben Stones torben at stonesweb.org.uk
Wed Nov 26 14:44:27 GMT 2008

I'm trying to setup sSMTP on a small home server, so that I can get the
output from the cron jobs e-mailed to me.  I believe that I've got it all
setup correctly, as the message seems to be sent, but I'm never reciving
anything.

The config is so that every thing is sent to my gmail account and I'm useing
smtp.googlemail.com as the smtp server.
I'm trying to test using the command

echo "Hello from sSMTP" | sendmail -v root

>From the output it looks like it is working OK, but nothing ever arives.
Has anyone set this up using google and/or does anyone have any idea as what
I can check next.

Thanks
Torben

--
You've got a lot of choices in your life. If getting out of bed in the
morning is a chore and you're not smiling on a regular basis, try another