[ALUG] AV manipulation

Mark Rogers mark at quarella.co.uk
Mon Jun 8 16:04:26 BST 2009

I have two AV tasks I need to perform, which are otherwise unrelated...

1. I have some video for which the sound is out of sync. The video files
use an XviD codec (not sure what sound codec). I'm looking for a tool to
allow me to correct them. Ideally I want something I can just use
left/right arrow keys to jog the sound a small amount ahead or behind
the video until it's correct, then hit save to create a new file. It all
ought to be pretty quick (no recompression needed, just
re-synchronising). Any suggestions?

2. I want to take some audio files and slow them down (quite a lot)
without changing their pitch. I'm trying to learn to play the guitar and
I can't play fast enough to play alongside anything yet unless I can
slow it right down!

My desktop is Ubuntu 9.04 if that's relevant.

--
Mark Rogers // More Solutions Ltd (Peterborough Office) // 0845 45 89 555
Registered in England (0456 0902) at 13 Clarke Rd, Milton Keynes, MK1 1LG