[ALUG] AV manipulation

Mark Rogers mark at quarella.co.uk
Tue Jun 9 09:43:02 BST 2009

nev young wrote:
> I use Avidemux and find it will do just about anything.
> Re-sync is a bit more complex than just <- and -> as you have to enter
> a signed number for the millisec time shift.

Does that make it a case of trial & error (shift the audio a bit, play
the new video, shift the audio a bit more, etc)?

> It's fairly fast, on my PC using the copy mode with a time shift will
> do a 1hr divx file in about 40 seconds.

To be honest I don't really care if it takes a couple of hours to do the
actual conversion (although I'd expect something quick, like you
suggest). It's the trial & error bit that's the bit I'm trying to make
simple; the problem is I don't know how many millisec I need to shift
the audio, I just know that it's wrong at the moment!

--
Mark Rogers // More Solutions Ltd (Peterborough Office) // 0845 45 89 555
Registered in England (0456 0902) at 13 Clarke Rd, Milton Keynes, MK1 1LG