[ALUG] xsession-errors again...help!

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 28 10:38:23 BST 2009

My xsession-errors file is filling up with a constant stream of messages
like this:

Cannot index Thunderbird contacts because a
Beagle.Util.InvalidMorkDatabaseException was thrown: This file is missing
a valid mork header
Could not read Pidgin buddy list file: Document element did not appear.
file:///home/peter/.purple/blist.xml Line 1, position 1.

And yet I have neither Thunderbird nor Pidgin installed.  Nor the Debian
equivalent, icedove.

How to stop this stuff?  In desperation I tried installing them and then
doing completely remove.  Is this something to do with Mozilla, that
Firefox aka Iceweasel demands that you have this other stuff installed and
configured with addresses?  Why?

Is the solution maybe to just get rid of Firefox and go to Konqueror -
which I have done for one other person, on account of the impossibility of
printing properly?

Or any other suggestions?

Al