[ALUG] xsession-errors again...help!

Anthony Anson anthony.anson at zetnet.co.uk
Sun Jun 28 19:03:31 BST 2009

Wayne Stallwood wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-06-28 at 18:35 +0100, Anthony Anson wrote:
>
>> Never come across Beagle or Tracker - are they automagically conjured
>> when you do a full installation of Debian?
>
> I suspect Debian "does the right thing" (tm) and doesn't put them in by
> default. Ubuntu and others do though.

That's good. Tried to make an Ubantu live CD from a coverdisc and it
didn't work, so, while I have an alleged Ubantu CD, actually working,
I've only a live Knoppix CD (which seems to behave), this Early-Learning
version of Xandros on the Eee, and a full installation of Debian on the
Big Box.

Strangely, the Big Box has suddenly taken a dislike to anything
NT-based, and won't work with W 2000 or XP, but tolerates DOS and Win 98
of booth flavours. It makes no complaint about any Linux distro...

--
Tony