[ALUG] Hang on resume from suspend to disc in 2.6.35

Dan vi5u0-alug at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 6 14:11:06 GMT 2010

Dear All,

My Acer Aspire One, with the kernels known in Gentoo as
2.6.35-gentoo-r4 or 2.6.35-gentoo-r12, hangs on resume from suspend to
disc - after counting up to 100% and printing the message "Suspending
consoles (use no_console_suspend" to debug".

Suspend/resume works fine with kernel 2.6.34-gentoo-r6.

The 2.6.35 kernel configs were generated from the 2.6.34 kernel config
using "make oldconfig".

Firstly: does anyone immediately know what the problem is, please?

If not: how do I persuade suspend/resume to produce an informative
log file to help with diagnosis, given that the whole process happens
while klogd and syslogd are stopped?

--

Thanks,

Dan